Guildcrest has supported the use of energy efficient building practices for many years. Homes built with energy efficiency in mind not only consume fewer scarce natural resources; they are also more durable and comfortable for their occupants.
Guildcrest’s specifications include a number of features which promote energy efficiency, including such standards as:
- R-22 wall insulation (insulated cladding may be added)
- R-50 attic insulation
- Air tight wall and ceiling assemblies
- Heat Recovery Ventilators (HRV) with ducted exhausts in the kitchen, bathroom(s) and laundry room
- “High performance” windows c/w low E, Argon gas filled thermopanes
- Insulated steel exterior doors
These features combine to deliver a durable, energy efficient home, which will perform very well for most purchasers.
If you desire the “state-of-the-art” in energy efficient home construction, you may want to consider an ENERGY STAR home.
What is an ENERGY STAR home?
Energy-efficient and environmentally responsible, ENERGY STAR homes are built to high standards, making these homes at least 30 percent more energy efficient than required by the Building Codes. ENERGY STAR homes feature tight construction, advanced windows, sealed ducts, improved insulation and high-efficiency heating and cooling equipment.
With an ENERGY STAR home, owners enjoy improved indoor air quality, comfort and lower utility costs.
The ENERGY STAR Home Program is part of the family of ENERGY STAR Programs sponsored by Natural Resources Canada and EnerQuality Corporation in Canada, and the Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy in the U.S.
Some Quick facts about the ENERGY STAR home!
ENERGY STAR building standards exceed the current Code minimums, and are equivalent to an EnerGuide 80 rating in Canada or a Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Five Star Home in the U.S.
- Additional insulation ensures a more even temperature, anywhere in the house – lowering utility bills and improving comfort.
- All ENERGY STAR homes are required to pass an air tightness “Blower door test” not exceeding 2.4 air exchanges per hour.
- The air quality in an ENERGY STAR home is improved because ducts are better sealed and our Heat Recover Ventilation System reduces exposure to sources of indoor air pollutants.
- Advanced window design enhances the thermal performance of the homes – keeping them cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
- Controlled factory settings, like Guildcrest’s, are ideal for achieving the high and exacting standard of an ENERGY STAR Home.
Guildcrest – A proud Participant in ENERGY STAR!
Guildcrest is proud to be part of the ENERGY STAR Home Program.
ENERGY STAR homes are available from several of Guildcrest’s Authorized Representatives. For more information, contact the Authorized Representative nearest to you.
ENERGY STAR Homes
Natural Resources Canada, Office of Energy Efficiency